Taking a very good care of your stone countertops will ensure their longevity regardless of the hardness. It is expedient to handle marble and granite countertops with care to keep their shine, patterns, aesthetic, and functional features.
To make your investment last, learn the best way to care for your marble and granite countertops.
How to Care for Your Marble Countertops in Atlanta
First, it is good to know that marble contains calcium carbonate and reacts with acid. Acid etches the surface of the marble countertops creating dull spots. So, keep away lemon juice, damp margarita glass, and other products that contain acid from the surface of your marble countertops.
While you try to keep your marble countertops clean, do not use common acidic cleaners or natural cleaners like lemon juice and vinegar. To clean your marble countertops in Atlanta, you need warm water, mild or non-abrasive dish soap, spray bottle, dishcloth, and soft absorbent towel.
Mix a teaspoon of non-abrasive dish soap with warm water in a spray bottle. Spray the solution on the surface of the marble countertops and wipe thoroughly with a wet dishcloth. Use a soft absorbent towel to dry the surface.
With due care, keeping acidic content away from your marble countertops, you are assured of the longevity of your investment.
How to Care for Your Granite Countertops in Atlanta
Granite countertops are one of the best upgrades you can make to your property – kitchen or bathroom. They are very strong and durable. However, to make them keep their shine and classic finish, certain precautions must be taken.
- Do not use acidic products on granite countertops.
- Do not place or spill natural acidic products like vinegar, lemon juice, wine, etc. on the countertops’ surface.
- Do not put meat directly on the granite countertops to prevent bacteria from penetrating the surface. (Keeping the countertop sealed will prevent bacteria from getting in the granite)
- Do not sprinkle oil on the surface.
- Do not leave wet containers like oil bottles directly on the granite countertops.
- Do not cut directly on the granite countertops; use a cutting board. (Mostly for the sake of your knives as granite with high quartz contents can actually dull your knives)
- Do not put hot items like pots, pans, electric frying pans, crock pots, roaster ovens, etc. directly on the granite countertops; use a trivet to prevent a thermal shock or burn mark and scratches or pitting on the surface. (Although granite is highly heat resistant. It’s is a good idea to be a cautious just to be safe.)
Meanwhile, you can clean your granite countertops with water and non-abrasive soap. Spray the surface with a mixture of water and mild soap and wipe with a soft cloth to remove stains and dirt. If there is an adhered gum or food on the surface, use a plastic putty knife to gently scrape it and wipe the residue clean with a damp cloth.
Over time, your granite countertops need to be resealed. So, apply a high-quality granite sealer after you have cleaned and dried the surface. The sealer enhances the shine of the granite countertops and also protects the surface from stains.
Overall the maintenance and care of your granite countertops is very easy. They are highly durable and this is a major advantage over other types of countertops.
Why use us for your Atlanta Marble Countertops?
Although there are several companies offering marble countertops in Atlanta, we have an edge over them; that is why you should use us for your marble countertops. Below are the reasons we are the best:
At Art Stone Granite and Marble, our staff are equipped with the latest technology, knowledge, and the state-of-the-art equipment to make our customers satisfied from project design to fabrication and installation. So, your projects are in safe hands.
ii.Factory Direct Pricing
All our products are offered at factory direct prices to companies and individuals. So, you can save some cash that could have gone to the middlemen in terms of markups.
iii. Unmatched Customer Service
It is our top priority to make our customers satisfied. So, our staff are friendly, courteous, and answer all your questions.