There is no doubt that granite is the most popular material for countertops in Atlanta. Not only are they durable, they also look absolutely elegant in any area. Hence many people would prefer installing them. Still, it does not mean that there are no great alternatives for granite countertops. There are other unique countertop materials that you can use in your home.
Granite Countertop Alternatives – Marble
When it comes to granite countertop alternatives, marble is definitely on top of the list. This material is softer and gives a more sophisticated look. More importantly, marble countertops do not easily get stained, scratched, or etched. And even if they do develop stains or scratches, these can still add to the character of your countertops as part of the patina. Above all, marble ages gracefully! It envelops all of the dents and dings for a warm and inviting look.
Below are some of the advantages of using marble countertops:
- Although marble can look stunningly expensive, it is affordable compared to other natural stone.
- Since it is a natural stone, it is more resistant to scratching and cracking.
- Marble is soft and thus can be used to incorporate attractive patterns and design elements.
- This countertop material is guaranteed heat-resistant. It will not easily catch fire or get burned.
Granite Countertop Alternatives in Atlanta – Quartz
Like granite and marble, quartz is also becoming an increasingly more popular choice in the market. As a matter of fact, the popularity of quartz countertops has significantly increased in recent years. More and more homeowners are looking to redesign their kitchen or bathroom using this countertop material. One of the reasons people love these countertops is its ability to resist staining. Since it is nonporous, it does not have holes or cracks where liquids and spills could soak in. This makes your countertop sanitary, as it does not allow bacteria or germs to easily penetrate.
Below are some of the advantages of using quartz countertops.
- Made using a process that makes them exceptionally hard and durable.
- Interestingly, countertops made of quartz do not require maintenance. It does not even need any sealing or wax coating.
- These countertops come in various styles, giving you more options in installing them in your kitchen.
Are you in the market for granite countertop alternatives in Atlanta? Contact Art Stone Granite & Marble now! We would love to give you a no cost, no obligation estimate. We are just a phone call away!
Check out this link for more information.